Atonement Lutheran Preschool is, above all, a Christian preschool. We talk about God and Jesus, we pray, and the children attend chapel once a week. Saying that, we have served families from over 35 countries speaking more than 30 different languages. We are mindful and careful to respect the beliefs of others and offer alternative activities for children whose parents do not wish them to attend chapel time.
We are a "Play Based" preschool. That means forms and worksheets are not part of our daily activities. Decades of research in developmental psychology shows play is the most effective way for young children to learn, develop social skills, and regulate their emotions. The teacher's most important function is to facilitate play. There the teachers are actively engaged and can organically insert academic learning directly into the child's play.
- Licensed for children 3 years old and up who are potty trained
- Licensed by Ohio Department of Job and Family Services since 1989
- Regulated and inspected annually by ODJFS, City of Columbus Public Health Department, and the City of Columbus Division of Fire
- All staff has BCII and FBI background checks, medical exams, immunizations, and education records on file
- Class size is kept small
- Part-time and full-time preschool available with options for before and after care if needed