ATONEMENT LUTHERAN PRESCHOOL
Classes available for 3, 4, and 5 year old children.
Part-time (9 am - 11:30 am) or Full-time (9 am - 3 pm)
Children may be enrolled for two-day (T, TH), three-day (M, W, F) or five-day (M-F) classes
Extended care is available on a parental need basis from (7-9 am and 3-6 pm.)
Three Year Old Class
- Designed to introduce children to the school experience
- Great emphasis is placed on socialization skills and cooperation with others
- Beginning academic skills are introduced to the children
- Children must be three years old and must be potty trained in order to attend
- Provides students with a consistent, day-to-day, instructional setting aimed at enriching classroom experiences and fostering preparedness for kindergarten
- Children are immersed in kindergarten readiness skills throughout their daily activities(guided by Ohio Department of Education Standards)
- Children must be eligible for kindergarten the following fall (dates based on school district of residence) or must be four and have had previous preschool experience
All classes offer an integrated Christian curriculum and regularly spend time in prayer and worship.
All classes offer an academic curriculum centered around thematic units that integrate and meet
the guidelines for preschool learning as outlined in the Ohio Department of Education Standards for
Early Childhood Education.
Our Daily Schedule
We want your child to feel secure and independent, to move from one activity to another as easily and confidently as possible. And we want to provide a variety of learning experiences for a well-rounded education. So we plan a daily schedule with these goals in mind.
We follow this same schedule day after day. A picture schedule, posted in each room, helps children feel secure because they know what comes next. After a few months, children are amazingly independent. They tell us what they are supposed to do next!
APPROXIMATE TIME SCHEDULE (SCHEDULES MAY DIFFER SLIGHTLY FROM CLASS TO CLASS…
PLEASE REFER TO SCHEDULES POSTED INSIDE THE INDIVIDUAL CLASSROOMS BY THE TEACHERS)
9:00–9:25 Arrival and greeting by teacher, table games and activities
9:25–9:45 Group Circle #1 (Daily themes, weather, calendar, etc.)
9:45–10:00 Clean Up/Restroom/Hand washing/Snack
10:00-10:45 Free Choice Centers/Creative Expression/Discovery
10:45-11:00 Group Circle #2 (Story Time, Chapel, Daily Review)
11:00-11:25 Outdoor play (Gross motor in great room if necessary)
11:25-11:30 Dismissal of half-day students
Restroom and hand washing for full-day students
11:30-11:45 Storytime/Music and Movement
11:45-12:30 Lunch rotations/Free choice activities in Great Room
12:30-1:15 Rest period/Quiet Reading Time
1:15-1:30 Group Circle #3 (Introduction to afternoon discovery time)
1:30-2:20 Discovery Time Center Rotations (emphasis on hands-on learning)
2:20-2:55 Outdoor Play
2:55-3:00 Dismissal of full-day students
Our Extended Care
Atonement Lutheran Preschool offers extended care opportunities to meet parent needs. For the sake of your child and to facilitate staff scheduling, we ask that you commit to a regular weekly extended care schedule if you require this care. Schedules that fluctuate from day-to-day are difficult for both children and staff.
7:00-8:30 Arrival/Breakfast/Great Room free choice time
8:30-9:00 Classroom Table Activities (Greet arriving students)
9:00-3:00 Preschool Schedule from above
3:00-3:15 Storytime/Finger plays
3:30-4:30 Free Choice Centers (in classroom)
4:30-5:30 Outdoor Play
5:30-6:00 Daily Closure/Goodbyes/Great room