Christian Care Basics
- All children are created by God.
- Each child’s self-image is one of worth because he or she is God’s blessed child.
- Our caring is a response to God’s love and His command that we are to love one another.
- Young children need to develop positive social relationships with peers and grown-ups.
- Attitudes and life values are formed at an early age.
- Children learn through exploration and discovery.
What does a Christian Childcare Center look like?
- Children are welcomed joyfully and by name. Gentle hugs, friendly handshakes, and sincere praise are given generously to show children our love.
- Parents are welcomed warmly and invited to stay as long as they like and are invited to regularly attend worship.
- Teachers speak daily about our loving Jesus, reminding students to forgive one another as Jesus forgave us. “Jesus” songs and stories are told daily.
- Children are reminded daily that they are God’s special children and are continually in His loving care.
- As they play, students are reminded to appreciate God’s beautiful creation.
- The center provides a warm, safe, comfortable home away from home.
- Children’s good behavior is affirmed daily.
- Daily prayers, including prayers of thanks for each child, are said aloud.